The Tmj Bite Stabilizer is a clear, removable, hard acrylic appliance that eliminates all occlusal prematurities and interferences to all eccentric movements. Dentists who are trained in this technique can effectively treat their patients with TMD symptoms (Temporomandibular Joint Disorders or TMJ), severely worn dentitions (teeth), loose teeth and/or bone loss and/or recession cause by occlusal (bite) trauma.
The Tmj Bite Stabilizer Therapy can benefit patients in following manners:
1. Tmj Bite Stabilizer can help patients with extremely sensitive dentitions to cold and biting, severely worn teeth, loose teeth and /or bone loss and/or recession due to occlusal trauma,
2. It can effectively bring symptomatic relief to TMD symptoms like reduced ability to open or close the mouth, jaw pain of varying degrees, jaw joint noises like clicking, popping and grating sound, jaw locking and an intermittent ringing in the ears.
3. It can successfully reduce or eliminate severe headaches, biting or chewing discomfort, dull and aching pain in the face caused by a bad bite or misalignment of teeth (Malocclusion).
4. It can be utilized as a diagnostic tool for restorative dentistry. It is used for stabilization of the condyles before embarking on a complex restorative treatment ( Full Mouth Reconstruction).
5. It effectively protects porcelain and resin restorations from the ravages of nocturnal Bruxing (Grinding) and Clenching.
The technique has been studied by a group of dentists, Dr. David S. Han, Dr. Yiannis Vlahos, Dr. Sacha Dybnis and Dr. Paul Williams at the Foundation for Advanced Continuing Education (F.A.C.E) in Burlingame, CA since 2001. Dr. Han, as the Director of the TMJ Bite Stabilizer program(known also as FOSA Program), has collaborated with Dr. Vlahos to further refine the technique, helping other dentists to master the technics at FACE, a non-profit Foundation for Advanced Continuing Educational institution for the advancement of dentistry. Dr. Han was invited to introduce TMJ Bite Stabilizer Technique at the Table Clinic during the General Assembly of American Academy of Restorative Dentistry in Chicago, February 2008 and Annual Meeting of International Academy of Gnathology, Tucson, Arizona in 2009.
Dr. David S. Han, Dr. Yiannis Vlahos and many other dentists are convinced that TMJ Bite Stabilizer greatly benefit both dentists and their patients, they promote the technics to those who are in need of help and support. Patients love and appreciate the benefits of TMJ Bite Stabilizer and refer their friends and family suffering from TMJ and bite problems to doctors who can properly diagnose, prescribe, deliver and monitor TMJ Bite Stabilizer Therapy.
Appreciation goes to Dr. Thomas Basta and Dr. Gerald Preiner, the founding members of FACE, for promoting Excellence in Dentistry.